1. Provide Attribute Finding in Search Results
Enabling your guests to discover and sort items based on item attributes is a simple method for
improving the search experience in your online business. Doing so enables users to set item
attributes, for example, brand, relevance, latest trends, price, etc.
The result: customers get results they need to see. They waste time perusing through irrelevant
items that add to their disappointment.
You really need to identify the attributes of your items. In the event that you have a modern
automobile foundation, you should establish a different set of facets and introduce them to
One approach to disentangle item search for an automobile eCommerce is by including a Part
Finder Extension for Magento 2.
2. Offer Smooth Navigation Design
It is understood that when your clients land on your store’s home page, they will search for the
search bar. Be that as it may since this is the first touchpoint of your website’s user experience,
you can’t bear to settle for a poor design.
Here is do’s and don’ts regarding the permeability and placement of the search bar.
- Don’t place your search bar in the corner or at the base of your website. Your guest has a 3-second attention length. In the event that he spends searching for the search bar, then he’s better off heading off to another website.
You should place it either high in the upper left segment or in the header bar placed right of the website logo.
- Don’t place the search box excessively close to other boxes, for example, other recruits, etc.
- Don’t keep your text dimension excessively little. This will cause trouble in finding the search bar.
- Design it differently with the goal that it stands apart clearly from other structures and fields.
- Let people realize that it is a search bar by mentioning the term “SEARCH” or “GO” with an amplifying lens image in the bar.
3. Make the Bar Visible on All Pages
This is one of the most significant characteristics of a decent eCommerce website giving your
store two key benefits:
- Improves item search tremendously.
- Saves guests time from returning to the scramble page repeatedly.
4. Augment User Search Within Results Pages
This is a critical practice that numerous sites overlook or don’t focus on. It is somewhat
different from making the bar visible on every one of the pages. Here is the manner by which
searching inside the result pages resembles:
- Include the search input again in the search bar. When you are able to return the search results, you make things a lot easier for guests.
- Allow users to append more texts, details, or change descriptions, without contributing everything in once more.
- Place a cursor or bolt in the information box where a user is needed to tap the bolt and get the search input. This can be useful for targeting guests who are interested in an eCommerce business.
5. Use an Intelligent Autocomplete Search Bar
Remember that you can’t leave everything to customers’ feelings. Try not to be intrusive. Be
that as it may, don’t let this prevent you from directing them. You have to help them at each
step of their purchasing process.
Giving them an excess of the room can waste their time. Also, this can degrade your image
value. Autocomplete satisfies this requisite of encouraging the customers. So what is
autocomplete? It is the accompanying:
- Autocomplete search predicts and offers a rundown of drop-down choices based on the typed search terms.
- It is extremely helpful when the words are hard to spell or pronounce.
- It can be ideal for customers whose mother language isn’t English.